Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The last few days of my 20s...

It's now, at its dusk, that I value my 20s the most. I don't think I ever valued this decade in one's age or my own age as much as I do today. I never thought it would come to an end, no matter how long it was. It just kept on going and going and going, giving the false impression of eternity. I am of course sad that only about 2 weeks are left. Today I happily say that I'm 29, and it gives me a youthful feeling in front of those who're elder/older, but soon I'll enter the 30s, which does seem like a relatively "elderly" decade - that's how the public/society treats it - though of course not as much as 40s, 50s, 60s, etc. But the point here is that eventually, those are coming too. Time isn't going to stop, ever. That's the realization here. You're not always going to be a teen, and are not always going to be in your beautiful, young 20s. But as I always say to myself, life's like that sometimes...

1 comment:

  1. And I'm quickly approaching the last few minutes of my 20s...

    ReplyDelete